Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Dutch Engineering Services Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for legitimate business interests in order to provide quotations, order acknowledgements and delivery schedules as well invoicing. We also will need to contact you for site visits and sales calls, site issues/complaints, and to collect feedback, in particular under the requirements of ISO9001, etc… And to give you access to content (White Papers, Resources) provided by ourselves and by our approved third-party partners.
Why does Dutch Engineering Services Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with product, service and commercial documentation we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes in relation to commercial and technical requirements of the business. When you are accessing our resources pages, we will ask for e-mail addresses to monitor who is downloading the information with a view to monitoring who is accessing Dutch Engineering Services Ltd information and whether this needs to be restricted or not. In order for us to provide you with ‘White Papers’ we need to collect personal data in order to provide you with access to restricted content with a view to controlling who has access and who does not. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Dutch Engineering Services Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
Will Dutch Engineering Services Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Dutch Engineering Services Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf, such as the the requirements of US Trade Compliance Laws (typically Enduser details must be provided as well as location country as a minimum requirement currently). When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Dutch Engineering Services Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Dutch Engineering Services Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Dutch Engineering Services Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Dutch Engineering Services Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Dutch Engineering Services Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Dutch Engineering Services Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Dutch Engineering Services Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Dutch Engineering Services Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Dutch Engineering Services Ltd accepts the following two of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport or driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.]
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
|GDPR Owner contact details|
|Contact Name:||Bill Burrows|
|Address line 1:||Dutch Engineering Services Ltd|
|Address line 2:||Dutch House|
|Address line 3:||Pentney Lane|
|Address line 4:||Pentney|
|Address line 5:||Norfolk PE32 1JE|
|Telephone:||+44 1760 339111|